+1 vote
in AEM3D by [email protected] (540 points)
Hi Chris,

I am interested in using the idynamicbottom module in a long-term simulation. The simulation without the dynamic bottom module works smoothly and fine. Once I turn this module on, I get a lot of CFL violation errors. The sl_momentum_hi_cfl error comes after the following warning:

* WARNING * No valid area for flow bc  inflow Ref: 1000
 * WARNING * Inflow will be  ignored

I am using flow_multi_sides bc in a meandering inflow which lets a high range of free surface variation. This works fine once idynamicbottom is 0. But once I turn it on these warnings and errors start to happen.

Thank you

1 Answer

+2 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
selected by [email protected]

Best answer
The initial bottom height used when running the dynamic bottom module is your heigh specified in the bathymetry file plus the initial depth of sediments specified.  To start at the same height as a non dynamic bottom simulation you should reduce all your bathymetry point in your bathy file by the total of your initial sediment depths.

You can do this easily in the hydrohub bathymetry editor (right click, Adjust All Cells).
by [email protected] (540 points)
Thanks Chris. What would be then the keyword to setup the initial depth of sediment? I couldn't find any such keyword in neither in the manual or nor in the run_aem3d/run_wq files. I there any example somewhere for that?
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
the keys are DEFAULT_SSOL1_SED  or DEFAULT_SSOL1_SED_DEPTH

If  _SED is specified the depth is calculated from the sediment density
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter