0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (920 points)
Hello. Is there a way that I get the calculated decay rate (k= growth rate+Mortality rate + inactivation rate etc) in Pathogen simulation as SHEET or PROFILE output. I need to see how the decay rate changes during the simulation. Based on Hipsey et al. 2008 paper, I have the formula. K is a function of Temperature, Salinity, pH etc that for each time step calculated in each wet cells and applied in the pathogen simulation. If it is not possible to have k value as output maybe the other option would be to calculate manually after we got the OUTPUT of simulation, but I would like to see if the correct k value is used during the simulation. Your comment is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Mohammad

1 Answer

+1 vote
by [email protected] (19.5k points)
Hi, These rates are output to the wq time series files.  In the new wq module you can have multiple locations if you need to see the spatial changes.

It's not feasible to output all the wq rates to the sheet (or other datablock types) as the memory storage for all of this would get very large.

Chris
by [email protected] (920 points)
Hi, I am trying to move toward using new WQ model.
but, when I am using this new WQ module in pathogen simulation, the time series files there is now information about the rates. would you please let me know how can I have them.
this is what I get:

Timestep     Date     Total Volume     Concentration     Concentration Average     Hydrodynamics     Hydrodynamics Average     Settling     Settling Average     Resuspension     Resuspension Average     Path Production     Path Production Average     Path Mortality     Path Mortality Average     Path Inactivation     Path Inactivation Average

and all are in unit #/m3   

Thanks
by [email protected] (19.5k points)
The values for Path Production, Path Mortality, Path Inactivation are the changes for each process during the timestep, to get the rates just divide by the timestep.

We output the actual changes rather than the rates as the code does some check to ensure mass conservation.
by [email protected] (920 points)
The Path Inactivation is always zero and I cannot figured out why.
Also to get the rates we have to divide by timestep and concentration as well, not just timestep. am I right?

for example
kg= (Ci - Ci-1)/(Ci-1 * DeltaTime)  or kg=DeltaConc/(Ci-1 * DeltaTime)

here is the question, what DeltaTime we should divide by, the simulation timestep or timeseries timestep?

Do you know why the Path Inactivation is always come out as zero.
Also, the code does not take care of predation yet, am I right?

thanks,
Mohammad
by [email protected] (680 points)
edited by [email protected]
Did you get the answer for your question, Mohammad?
by [email protected] (680 points)
edited by [email protected]
Anyway, the example template of the biological (bio) parameter file given in the AEM3D user's manual (v1.0 and v1.2) shows on page 54 that the user can set the model to account for losses of Cryptosporidium, Total coliforms and E. coli due to predation.
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter