0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (360 points)

Hi

I'm new to modelling so this might be dumb question. 

I'm trying to figure out how to model a bubble mixer (as seen in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpliEkeTUXY) It has a tube where the air mixes with water before entering the larger reservoir over numerous smaller ports 

I think there are two approaches. Should I try to model it as a regular bubbler, in which case should I try to put sufficient ports to match the area of the tube? In which case what is the diameter of the ports? Or should I try modelling it with a drafttube? 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

David

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi David,

It's a little hard to discern from the video what is happening in the Aquarator but my guess the only difference over a standard bubble plume would be to slightly increase the entrainment coefficient into the plume. (You can modify the entrainment coefficent with keyword bubb_entrain_coeff in run_aem3d.dat, the default is 0.01).

I'd model this as a bubble plume starting at the base of the device with just one port.  The initial width of the port is actually zero in the model and then is calculated by the plume integral model as the plume moves vertically and entrains water.    

Chris
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter