0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (270 points)
Hi
I have used ELCOM-CAEDYM in different water bodies, and now,  I am using  AEM3D in two cases, one is a reservoir where ELCOM and CAEDYM were calibrated in a previus work with a good fit . Using  AEM3D  the physic model run very well (the temperature fit is ok), but AEM3D-CAEDYM don´t do it.

I used the same previus CAEDYM infiles, the same initial conditions and the same parameters, and although  the nitrogen and the  phosphorus have a good fit,  the pH, the Phytoplankton and  the DO have crazy values, or the model finish before time (a lot of messages about problems of pH iterations, using CAEDYM_INTERVAL=1). I checked very well and there aren´t strange values in the series or parameters.

Therefore, I am interested in use (try) the AEM3D New Water Quality Model to modelling nitrogen, phosphorus, DIC, pH, DO, Carbon, four Phytoplankton grups, one Zooplankton grup, metals( Fe, Mn, Al) and sediment (static model, and it is posible CANDI?)

I am studying the manual (chapter 8) and the test case (RoundLake files), and I see there are some key words to diferents configuration files, and the question is, are they all key words of the new model?, or, please, it is posible get information (a list) the all key words?.

The other questions is about default values, if I don´t use some key word in a file, the model take some default value?

Thanks you

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi,  there are no default values for parameters if a parameter is missing then an error will be thrown.

The only defaults are the types of functions used for each parameterisation, these are all consistent with the CEAEDYM parameterisations
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter