0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (790 points)
edited by [email protected]

I am running AEM3D water quality simulation for a lake with CAEDYM flag turned on. The simulation abruptly ended after successfully running for the first three months. This happened after I changed the grid resolution from 100mx100m to 50mX50m. The low resolution grid simulation run for the entire model duration successfully with latest AEM3D model (2019-08-21 12:56:11

****FATAL ERROR******FATAL ERROR******FATAL ERROR******

* Minimum NO3 Violated for     1 cells

* Minimum value is -3.6379788E-12 at cell 20808

It looks that I have to fix a threshold value of NO3 but I don't know which parameter actually this error is referring to and why it lead to crash after changing grid resolution.

Also the following WARNINGs were noted before fatal ending:

* Warning * Dissolved oxygen limit of 25 mg/l violated 

* Warning * 1 cell have been limited

* Warning * Settling velocity has not been set for File: PATH_inactive_WC.csv (I don't have this file format)

* Warning * Resuspension has not been set for File: PATH_inactive_WC.csv (I don't have this file format)

Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Seyoum  

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (790 points)

After doing some searching in the USER Guide, I found that a new minimum threshold for NO3 can be set in the run_aem3d.dat file. Also, the model can be forced to bypass checking max and min scalar thresholds if the "ihardlimit" parameter is set to zero in run_aem3d.dat file, but why the limit was exceeded when the model is changed to high resolution grid is not clear to me. Hope this helps some one in the future.

Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter