0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (360 points)
Hi

So i'm simulating a lake with meteorological data taken directly from the site and have moored temperature chain within the reservoir for calibration. Anyway the model begins deviate from the observation within about a simulated week becoming warmer. However the temperature difference is only about 4 C so i don't believe it's an issues with forcing data in regards to incorrect units. This temperature difference is present in every depth so it doesn't appear to be an issue in regards to underestimating mixing.

Is there a parameter i can try playing around with to dampen the  air-water temperature exchange or advice you can suggest?

Kind Regards

David

1 Answer

+2 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi David,

As far as units the usual mistake can be air pressure not being in Pa or wind not being in m/s.

Is your wind sensor height correct?

If the met station is on the lake then it is normally best to turn on atmospheric stability.

What type of long wave radiation data do you have?

SURF_HEAT_TRANSF_COEFF and mean_albedo are the primary coefficients for controlling heat transfer but we never really change these if the data is good.

Do you have any inflows which could be effecting temperature?

Chris
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter