0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (350 points)
I'm interested in releasing tracers from three locations at the same time and showing in a single movie together. Two locations will release from points within the lake and one will flow in from an inflow. I would also like to have control of the number of particles at each location.

I can release the two lake points (using updatebc file), but unsure how to specify a different number of tracers at each location.

11  update_add   LarvalReleasingMB

66:66       8:8           :

71:71     22:22         :

However, I cannot add the tracer flowing from the inflow because they're added through the initial condition file. Is it possible to add all three in the same video?

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (350 points)
Which tracer is released at each point is just determined by the keyword used in the temporal update file/. So the TRACER_1 keyword in TracerRelease.dat in the Round Lake example

!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

! Simulate tracer release expt.

! Update Region is given  a tracer conc of 1 for 7 Day

!------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 data sets

0 seconds between data

0           0            1

TIME        TIME         TRACER_1

2005005.00  2005012.00   1.0
by [email protected] (350 points)
I can link the tracers with their unique point and release them in the proper location:
0                           0                           9                        4
TIME                    TIME                   TRACER_4       TRACER_5
2017111.500    2017111.600     1000                500

However, when I run the simulation they're listed separately within sheet_ave, so when I play the movie I can watch TRACER_4 or TRACER_5 - not TRACER_4 and TRACER_5 with one movie frame. Is it possible to include both releases within one movie?

One alternative I found was to add two locations to one reference title in the update bc file:
11  update_add       LarvalReleasingMB
    66:66       8:8         :   
    71:71    22:22       :

However, this method doesn't allow me to release different concentrations at each location (that I'm aware of).
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter