0 votes
in HydroHub by [email protected] (200 points)
it looks like MAP in Hydrohub is not working, and I do not have the option 'Show On Map' is there another version of HydroHub?

2 Answers

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi, unfortunately, the map component is not working on Mac under Java 8 due to a problem with Worldwind (the mapping library we use).

The developers know about the issue but we're not sure when the update with a fix will be available.

Chris
+1 vote
by [email protected] (280 points)

For 64- bit Windows users, consider that according to the java website: "64-bit Windows operating systems (such as Windows 7, Vista or XP) come with a 32-bit Internet Explorer (IE) browser as the standard (default) for viewing web pages. These operating systems also include a 64-bit Internet Explorer browser, however using it is optional and it must be explicitly selected to view web pages. Note that because some web content may not work properly in a 64-bit browser, we recommend using the default 32-bit browser and downloading 32-bit Java." (https://java.com/en/download/faq/java_win64bit.xml).

So, as far as I understand, even though your Operation System is 64 bits, when you download Java from the website it will automatically download the 32-bit. This means that you need to have both, Java 32-bit and Java-64 bits on your machine to be able to see the map application in Hydrohub. To download the 64 bits with a 32-bit browser follow this link: https://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp and choose the option "Windows offline 64 bits".

This is how I solved the problem with not being able to see maps in Hydrohub, hope it helps other 64-bit Windows users.

Furthermore, if I access my modelling computer remotely from my laptop, Hydrohub wont show the map.
by [email protected] (920 points)
I solved the problem with having both 32 and 64-bit on my computer.
Thanks Madani, that too, I do have both as well.
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter