0 votes
in HydroHub by [email protected] (160 points)

Hello Chris, happy new year! Starting the year with a doubt about finding a spot in a lake using AEM3D bathymetry data. The coordinates in the data (e.g., x: 7xxx.xx, y: 8xxx.xx) don't match regular map coordinates. I have the location in standard map coordinates (x_dd_gis: 3x.xxxx, y_dd_gis: 3x.xxxx). The challenge is figuring out how to convert these global coordinates to match the AEM3D grid. This spot is crucial as it corresponds to the coordinates of the station where I want to compare observation data to my simulation results. Thanks for your help!

Best,

Matias

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
When you edit the bathymetry in HydroHub the status bar at the bottom of the figure window will display Lat/Lon and UTM info.

This assumes the bathymetry is properly geo-referenced.  The latitude and longitude in the bathymetry text files are for the top-left corner.

You can check the position by showing the bathymetry in the map component.  The bathymetry can also be dragged into position and resaved.
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter