0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (470 points)
edited by [email protected]

Hi Chris. I have some doubts about the new dynamic sediment function.

1) I don't find the mathematical function in the manual, so I can't understand all the mandatory terms needed (for example NH4_sedflux_coefficient or delta_sed_NH4_sedflux_k)

2) even when I define sediment_model as static in the run_wq file, the model crashes and asks for dynamic keywords (for example NH4_sedflux_coefficient) when it is unnecessary because I am using the static model. I mean, with this new version my old keywords do not work even if I use the static model for sediment.

Any help is highly appreciated

Ricardo RB

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)

Hi Ricardo, 

I've updated the manual with the functional form for the dynamic sediment model.  If you run the error message will tell you the name of any missing parameter.

I've modified the static parameter names to be consistent with the other functional parameters.  So the names are all of the form $VARIABLE_$FUNCTION_$PARAMETER

I've updated the manual and Round Lake test case to show the new names.

Chris

by [email protected] (470 points)
Thank You Chris!
edited by [email protected]
I Chris. I changed everything, the model is running but there are still things weird:
it simulates DO but in the debug file I found this:

11:33:20  INFO:  * WARNING * unknown key temperature_DO_sedflux_multiplier in wq_files/1_oxygen.dat
11:33:21  INFO:  * WARNING * unknown key DO_sedflux_coefficient in wq_files/1_oxygen.dat
11:33:21  INFO:  * WARNING * unknown key O2_DO_sedflux_half_saturation in wq_files/1_oxygen.dat

also, what does this mean?
11:33:20  INFO:  * WARNING * . found in middle of integer string: 2.0. Ignoring data after .

I am using the Windows version and I defined .true.  to  sbp_model
Are you sure you have the latest exe?  Does the latest RoundLake example give the same errors?

The warning 11:33:20  INFO:  * WARNING * . found in middle of integer string: 2.0. Ignoring data after .

Is saying a real number has been given in run_aem3d.dat when an integer is expected.

Most likely ic_dist_weighting.  This will have no effect as the integer 2 will be used.
Hi Chris
Yes, I am sure. I downloaded today the last version and I tried the RoundLake. I had the same error. It happens when I define sbp_model = true in the oxygen file. if sbp_model = false everything is OK

the erros when sbp_model = true

***** WARNING **** WARNING **** WARNING **** WARNING ****
 * unknown key temperature_DO_sedflux_multiplier in wq_files/oxygen.dat

* unknown key DO_sedflux_coefficient in wq_files/oxygen.dat

* unknown key O2_DO_sedflux_half_saturation in wq_files/oxygen.dat

* Fn has not been set for File: DO_ITS_WC.csv

By the way, the datablock.xml has a problem with line 170, I think there is a wrong definition here.

Best
Ricardo RB
Hi Ricardo,

The SBP model does not use the usual functional forms so the temperature_DO_sedflux_multiplier and O2_DO_sedflux_half_saturation are not read.

There was an issue with the coefficient not being changed over from the old form so I've fixed this in the latest download and DO_sedflux_coefficient should now work for the SBPModel.

I've also fixed the datablock fie.
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter