+1 vote
in AEM3D by [email protected] (250 points)
Hello Chris,
I was running AEM3D with a time step of 15 s for 150000 iterations. At the 22680th steps I obtained this error:

ERROR: Assertion failed: pxp->bf_offset <= offset && offset < pxp->bf_offset + (off_t) pxp->bf_extent, file posixio.c, line 327

What could cause this error?

Cheers

Irene

2 Answers

+1 vote
by [email protected] (19.4k points)
This is the 2GB limit for Netcdf files in Windows.

You either need to reduce the number of variables you are outputting to each file or the output frequency.

Chris
by [email protected] (920 points)
I fixed the problem with 2GB netcdf size limit by reducing the number of variables in "SHEET" files, but in order to have "Velocity Arrows" you need to have U V and W in the same nc file.

I wrote a MATLAB code that combine all nc files together so at the end you have a nc file with all variables and size higher than 2GB which in my case my file size is around 4.4GB

so the best is to reduce the number of variables and then combine the files together.
0 votes
by [email protected] (920 points)

I fixed the problem with 2GB netcdf size limit by reducing the number of variables in "SHEET" files, but in order to have "Velocity Arrows" you need to have U V and W in the same nc file. 

I wrote a MATLAB code that combine all nc files together so at the end you have a nc file with all variables and size higher than 2GB which in my case my file size is around 4.4GB

so the best is to reduce the number of variables and then combine the files together.

Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter