0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (650 points)
For a user who may want to evaluate salinity flux,

I have recently evaluated salinity flux using velocity and salinity at a line.

The code uses Ultimate Quickest discretization, which may cause some problems. It is better to check the cells in the flow direction that are adjacent to each other. Chris may put another keyword of Salinity FLUX for output in the future.  Please contact me if you have a problem or are interested.

Hiroshi

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi Hiroshi,

I've added the ability to output the scalar fluxes through faces to the latest development download.

To do this the datablock output keyword is just the scalar name prefixed by FX_, FY_, or FZ.

For example, to output the salinity flux through the positive y face of cells use the keyword FY_SALINITY.

Chris
by [email protected] (650 points)
Chris,
So quick! Thank you.
I wonder if I can output water volume flux as well.
Then I can evaluate not only salinity flux but also water volume and its salinity.
Hiroshi
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hiroshi, you can use the output velocity and dx,dy,dz to post-process the volume flux
by [email protected] (650 points)
Hi Chris,
I understand.
The surface cell and the bottom cell may not be full of water. We need to calculate the exact cell depth where the water goes through.
So I thought if we can output water volume flux as well, it is much easier.
Now the program is running. I will let you know the result.

If someone wants to evaluate water volume flux, I can share my python script to calculate.

Hiroshi
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter