0 votes
in HydroHub by [email protected] (240 points)
Hi,

I just downloaded HydroHub Lite but it won't open on MacBook Pro M1 Max (2021). Is the software currently not compatible with the M1 Macs? Or do I need to install a third-party software?

Many thanks.

Wencai

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi Wencai, have you got Java installed?

Also, see the section "If you want to open an app that hasn’t been notarized or is from an unidentified developer" at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202491
by [email protected] (240 points)
Hi Chris,

I do not have Java installed on my computer and I am installing it now and try HydroHub Lite later. Thanks for your information.

Cheers

Wencai
Hi Chris,

I just installed the latest version jdk (18.0.1.1) and eliminated the block from the computer. However, HydroHub Lite still cannot be opened properly. It keeps 'quit unexpectedly'.

Any suggestion?

Cheers.
Wencai
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi Wencai, can you try the latest download.  Hopefully should be fixed, though I'm testing on an older version of Java.
Hi Chris,

HydroHub can be opened on my new Mac now. It works fine when visualizing data in NetCDF files. One issue is that, when I tried to run an AEM3D simulation with the executables generated from my old Mac (Intel CPU), it reported an error saying libiomp5.dylib is missing. This file seems to be related to the ifort compiler in the old Mac.

Cheers.
Wencai
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter