0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (540 points)
edited by [email protected]
Hi Chris,

It seems the parameter keys of WQ files are changing in different versions. I am coming up with many warnings once I want to use my wq files in a newer version (e.g. development version). How could I find an up-to-date list of keys or correct structure of defining parameters? There is only a limited number of examples in the AEM3D manual. For example I could not find any opportunity to define max/min internal concentrations for N and P (IPmin, IPmax, INmin, INmax).

For example, is IPmin same as P_carbon_ratio_min and in another version same as P_chla_ratio_min ?? in one version P_carbon_ratio_min  is accepted, and in another version P_chla_ratio_min  is accepted, and I am not sure if they are really identical, as we also have Ycc (Carbon_chla_ratio)... For FDIAT I cannot evem give P/N_Chla_ratio_min/max, and only give P/N_Chla_ratio is possible.

Thanks, Behnam

Examples:

11:38:00  INFO:  * WARNING * unknown key P_min_internal_conc in wq_files/cyano.dat

11:38:01  INFO:  * WARNING * unknown key P_max_internal_conc in wq_files/cyano.dat

11:38:01  INFO:  * WARNING * unknown key N_min_internal_conc in wq_files/cyano.dat

11:38:01  INFO:  * WARNING * unknown key N_max_internal_conc in wq_files/cyano.dat

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi Behnam,

I'd strongly recommend using the development version now.  There have been quite a few bugs fixed since the last release.

I'm hoping to do a release soon but it's just hard to find the time at the moment
by [email protected] (540 points)
Hi Chris,

Yes, I just switched to the dev version.  

My question just in a nutshell: are P_carbon_ratio_min/max same with IPmin/max (min. max. internal nutrients?)

Sorry for repeating, but it is a bit confusing.

Thanks
Yes, they are the same, though in the old code and in CAEDYM IPmin/max could either be a P:Carbon or P:ChlA ration depending on the units being simulated.

Hopefully, now everything is much clearer.  P_carbon_ratio_max is exactly what is says.
by [email protected] (540 points)
Thanks Chris, yes it is clear now.
However, this is correct when simulating cyano.  I just noticed it is still P_chla_ratio_max/min for crypt and P_chla_ratio (only one value without min/max) for fdiat.
Min and max are only used when simulating internal nutrients otherwise the constant ratio is used
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter