0 votes
in AEM3D by [email protected] (570 points)
edited by [email protected]
Hi Chris

I try to understand something to caedym files (int file) and I need some help. In the RoundLake model, the initial concentrations in the column of water to DEFAULT_CYANO_IN and DEFAULT_CYANO_IP, in the file run_aem3d.dat, are 0.08 and 0.05 mg/l. But in the caedym files > RoundLake.int, the initial rates of concentrations for IN and IP in the column of water are all the same -3 for any IN and -0.3 for any IP, respectively. Normally in my opinion the rates in Roundlake.int file, Should be the same with them, in the file run_aem3d.dat. Could you help me please to clarify this?

Regards

Evangelos

1 Answer

0 votes
by [email protected] (19.8k points)
Hi,

CAEDYM had the ability to specify the initial internal nutrient concentration as a ratio of ChlA by using a negative number. This hasn't been added to the new WQ model yet.

Initial nutrient concentrations need to be specified as absolute numbers.

Also, please use the development version if using intern nutrients as I've recently fixed a few bugs with this.  

I'm still testing so let me know if you see any further issues

Chris
by [email protected] (570 points)
Thanks Chris
asked Oct 8, 2021 in AEM3D by [email protected] (570 points) Initial intern nutrients
Welcome to Hydronumerics Q&A, where you can ask questions and receive answers about the software we develop and distribute

Categories

Hydronumerics

• Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • Suite 103 757 Bourke St Docklands Victoria 3008
  • +61 3 9037 0892
  • [email protected]
  • Twitter